Tuesday, April 24

Memories...

I read that muscles have "memory", they remember what you've put them thru and I guess that's the whole reason we steadly increase the mileage up to 26 miles.

My muscles, however, have short term memory loss.

And here is why. I finished all 6 miles on Saturday, walked half and did intervals the other half (thanks Christa, I couldn't have done it without you). So I thought Monday would be a piece of cake.

WRONG. The first 10 minutes were very hard, I was ready to quit. I kept on telling myself it would get easier, about 20 minutes into it, the pain began to fade. Whatever happened to them remembering?

I was about to quit at 30 min when I ran into my next door neighbor. Since I had company, I ended up doing 45 minutes of intervals (1:2) and then 15 minutes of walking! woohoo! amazing what you'll do if you have someone to keep you company.

I didn't ice my knees and they are a bit sore today. Nothing major, not like last time. Will make sure to ice tonight so I'll be ready for Saturday.

2 comments:

Chuck Gautier said...

Misery loves company. Had a bad run Monday too. Your muscles have short term memory, mine have amnesia, I guess.

Christa said...

I had the same problem. Monday was awful for me too! Maybe we worked too hard on Saturday. I'm finding myself EXHAUSTED on Saturday evening and on Sunday. And I'm sure it will only get worse. UGH!!!!!!