Saturday, April 28

WOW, I did 7 miles!

I cannot believe I completed 7 miles today! The first mile we did together was very difficult for me, so these 7 are a miracle!.

I finished in 1:41, much to my surprised. I figured it would take me about 2 hrs or so to get done. I did 1:2 intervals the first half, and then 1.5:1.5 intervals the second half. It felt so good to run! These 7 were easier than the 6 from last week. I guess Christa is right, I started with intervals right away and got into a rhythm which made it easier to do.

I'm hoping for race next I'll be able to do the 1.5:1.5 intervals the whole way. This is exciting!

oh, and Christa and I were called "runners" by another runner out on the trail today. We are runners!

btw, Christa sorry I left you! I promise not to leave you next week, you are my running partner.

6 comments:

The Miller's Blog said...

GOOD JOB!!!!!! We all made it! And I love that new picture you've added. You have a BEAUTIFUL family!!!!! You have a lot to be proud of, runner!

Robin said...

Love the new pic! You ARE a runner and you are doing great!

mag3 said...

Awesome.Wish I could have been there but was in Birmingham. I'll be there next weekend. Email me. I want to make sure you got my response about rooming. I did my 7 on Friday.

cjonesrun said...

You go girl!!!! You are a marathoner!

Kim said...

Of course, you are a runner! And, I'm glad to hear you're feeling great--no pain! About the pace, I have a Garmin 305 Forerunner that gives that info.

Christa said...

Saturday was awesome! I had so much fun too and I love running with you. No problem about leaving me. (You didn't really anyway!) I caught up to ya and that made me work harder and train better! I see Magda wrote so that's good. I was worried that we'd lost her. I LOVE your new family portrait. You guys are adorable! I'm going to email you now with more....