Tuesday, May 8

Guilt

No one said this training would be easy. I can live with that. It's the guilt I can't get over. *sigh*

I didn't get to train properly yesterday because my daughter wanted to walk with me. She is just 5 so needless to say, she can't walk/run for the length of time I have to train. We did get out and walked around the neighborhood for 20 min. She just didn't want me to leave her.

I feel guilty because I have to leave them when I could be spending time with them. I guess I'll have to get out in the morning, before 5 AM in order to get the training in. The fact Braden doesn't sleep thru the night yet isn't helping my morning routine either. I think he may be afraid of the dark, so we are going to try a nightlight and see if it helps any.

So getting out of bed is a struggle in the morning, after I'm up at least twice with him. Sometimes I think maybe I should have waited until they got older. But will it ever get easier? The older they get, the more time they'll need. There will be homeworks to check, sports, etc.

I may just go to the track today and take Candace with me. She likes to run around the track for a while, and then sits there and watches me. At least she'll get to watch me.

sorry for the pity party here. Just one of those days.

5 comments:

The Miller's Blog said...

All I can say is, WOW!!! You totally amaze me!!!! Your marathon jersey in Chicago should say "Superwoman and then some!".

VICKIE said...

DONT EVER APLOGIZE FOR THE PITY PARTY,, I THINK THATS WHAT THESES BLOGS ARE REALLY ABOUT.. TO LET OUT HOW YOU FEEL, AND NOT BE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE REALLY THINK, BECAUSE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT!, JUST KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK , THINGS WILL GET BETTER AND YOUR KIDS WILL BE SO PROUD OF YOU!
TAKE CARE, AND KEEP SMILING :-)

Chuck Gautier said...

Don't forget that Mark reminded us that we would have to be a little selfish, but for good reasons- Our health, our well-being, etc. You are amazing to get even a 20 minute walk in after getting up twice, and working too, I guess. It will get easier, as they get up. Good Luck, and Ditto on the Superwoman Jersey idea!

Kim said...

That's sweet your daughter wants to go with you. Maybe on your short run/XT days you can walk together, so you'll get to spend time with her. I hope the night light works so Braden will sleep. I am in awe of you & other moms who manage to train & balance busy lives. I have only a husband and still can't manage to keep on top of things. I think things will get better :)

Mary said...

Does she ride a bike?