Friday, July 27

Random tidbits about me

I need to get my blog into a "lighter" note. So here are some random things about me

~ I am 1 of 5 girls. I'm the middle child.
~ I have an irrational fear of the ocean. I get very anxious when I am near the ocean.
~ I love the mountains and would live near the mountains if I could.
~ Coffee is one of my favorite things. I like trying new blends, different roasts.
~ I love to cook
~ My favorite author/book: Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Colombian) and his book One Hundred Years of Solitude. He won the Nobel Prize of Literature with this book, and it's one of his best books. I read it for the first time when I was a teenager and have read it several times since then.
~ I learned how to drive when I moved to the US
~ Growing up, I wanted to be an astronaut or a lawyer. I still do.
~ I love to dance
~ I don't care for the color Pink
~ I don't like to wear dresses or skirts (except for the running skirt ;) )
~ I would like to write a book about my family, for my kids/nieces/nephews. There are so many wonderful people in our family that our future generations should know about.
~ I hate mushrooms, peanut butter, and pickles.
~ I'm terrified of snakes. I can't even watch them on TV.
~ I am constantly setting new goals for myself. I need something to work towards.
~ If money was not an issue, I would be a "professional" student. I love to learn.
~ I don't like to talk on the phone, specially when it's someone I don't know.
~ I'm shy, stubborn, and bossy.
~ I want to move back to Panama one day.
~ I lived in Costa Rica for 2 yrs before I moved to Mississippi
~ I'd like to run for office one day, at a local level.
~ I like red wine, and beer (not together, of course)
~ I believe actions speak louder than words.
~ I have no tolerance for racism or bigotry
~ I don't care for people who believe their way is the only way. What works for someone else may not work for me. We were meant to be different.





8 comments:

The Miller's Blog said...

Guh-reat blog, Kayra!!!! We need to hang out sometime! :-) We share a few of the same interests!

Ann and Bob said...

Kayra,

You always so things so well. You really do need to write a book. As usual you are inspiring.
Ann

LegalSec said...

What a great idea! I think everyone should follow your blog as a guide to do one like it about themselves. It would be a great way for us to get to know each other better. I think I'll do my next blog like that. Ann's right -you inpire others!
Sheila

Kim said...

Neat blog! :) I like mountains, too. But I like peanut butter & mushrooms (not together) & the color pink. I can't dance to save my life. I'll have to check out One Hundred Years of Solitude.

Believe in Miracles ~ Lisa B Davis said...

I like that... I think it helps us get to know each other better... and us to know ourselves better sometimes too

Chuck Gautier said...

Interesting... You'd be a great candidate for local office. Let me know if you want some tips....cg

Robin said...

Great blog, Kayra - thanks for sharing!

Christa said...

We have a lot more in common than I realized. I love to learn also and share your no tolerance policy on racism and bigotry. Also hate mushrooms and am terrified of snakes and hate to talk on the phone! I also love the mountains and am stubborn and truly believe that actions speak louder than words. Differences though: I love pink, pickles and peanut butter. Skirts and dresses are all I wear to work (comfort reasons only) and I LOVE the ocean. I hate to cook and I suck at dancing. But I would vote for you! See you Saturday. I missed you last week!