Thursday, July 19

those who blog, jog

Remember when Mark told us that? So true. At least for me. I hadn't updated because I hadn't done any training. I know, I'm being awful. I was a bit weary of getting out in the rain Monday and Tuesday. The last few weeks I've been sick twice and I don't want to push my luck.

But I did train yesterday, in the heat. gosh it was awful. I went around 7 PM and it was so humid and hot, I was sweating buckets the first 2 minutes. Managed to get 40 minutes in, before it started to get dark. I was at the track and they don't turn the lights on after dark so I had to go home.

About my knees, Wayne, they are aching today. It's not a strong pain, more of a bother really. Still an ache though. I may need to see what my schedule looks like and pay you a visit.

5 comments:

The Miller's Blog said...

Thanks for the advice on my blog! That totally makes perfect sense!

Hope to see ya tomorrow.

Chuck Gautier said...

I am right there with you, Kayra- It is really hard to train with a nagging knee.. I am going to do what I have to. It is off to Wayne's world for me too... Also love the pics. They are awesome.

cjonesrun said...

Kayra, so sorry you had trouble on the run today...hope you are feeling better.

Cheryl

AmyW said...

Kayra, it must be the distance for everyone - my knees were bothering me starting TODAY, one day after walking 16 miles. I had missed the past two distance Saturdays. Both knee backs felt strange, so I iced them after church. And, I had missed one entire week of walking, and then did puny mileage the 2nd week, leading up to 16. In this case, I don't think mind over body will work. Ice will be my buddy today

Kim said...

At least you trained! :) I can't even tell you the last time I trained!