Tuesday, March 20

The clock is ticking...

I have a countdown clock in my Google homepage for the marathon. Today is says there are 201 days left!!! It seems like a long time, but before we know it, we'll be in Chicago. wow.

Yesterday was my day off. I work a schedule that allows me 2 Mondays off per month. Except lately, I haven't been able to take the time off. It seems every time one of my days off comes around I'm either going out of town, or having to come in the office.
Yesterday was the later, I stayed for a few hrs and then ran some errands.

After I got home, my husband and kids went with me to the track at the HS. I got 33 min (used my handy dandy timex watch) of wogging before the boys started to get restless. It was getting dark too so we headed home. But I did run half of that time!!! I figured out a few things too, I need to do more stretching. My legs started to hurt, so I stopped and stretched, and voila, the pain was gone! Apparently the stretching I've been doing was not enough.

Most importantly, I figured out that I'm not as slow as I thought I was!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You looked pretty quick Saturday :) And, yes, stretching makes a BIG difference. I can always tell after a run whether or not I warmed up enough.