Wednesday, March 28

The importance of XT

I have learned my lesson. XT is very important. Had I been doing weights, my knee would have probably been in better shape.

It feels much better today. I iced last night, put sports cream on it, and took some Advil. I think it is almost back to normal. I'm going to the gym tonight and do the weights. Definitely need to do them at least twice per week to make sure I strengthen muscles/ligaments/tendons.

Mandy, Christa, Magda, and Cheryl, you made me cry this morning. (and I don't cry easily). You are AWESOME, and I'm so glad we are in this journey together.

You know, every now and then I have one of those "oh my" moments, when I realize I am the mother of 3 kids! Not that I don't know that, but it's like WOW, I have 3 kids. LOL
tidbit of useless info about me: when I was younger, I did NOT want to get married or have kids. I never dreamt of my wedding day, or had names picked out for my kids. I just didn't think marriage was for me, and I was ok with that.
I dated, was in "love" (at least I thought it was love) a few times, but just didn't see marriage in my future.
Then I met my husband, and 6 months later, we were engaged. When I called my friends (who had heard me repeatedly say I was never getting married), they didn't believe me!! They actually laughed at me, because they thought it was a joke. They said until they saw this man who had actually made me "eat my words" they wouldn't believe me. Same thing when I got pregnant with my daughter.

I guess the moral of the story is never say never. LOL

I never thought I would be training for a marathon, with 3 kids at home, and a husband. But here I am, and I'm happy to be a mom, a wife, and a marathoner!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Glad your knee is better. :) I don't like doing weights, but can definitely feel a difference.

Yeah, careful what you wish for! You have a beautiful family; that is a blessing!

Thanks for the compliment, you're no slouch either.

Oh, and did I mention I have a sister in law whose folks emigrated from Panama like 40 years ago?? :) They all reside in NY.

The Miller's Blog said...

Oh! You are so sweet!!! And you have a very beautiful family and seems like a very beautiful life! We always need to remind ourselves to count our blessings, and the good blessings always outweigh the bad in life (I need to pound that in my head repeatedly). I would love to meet you since I haven't met you in person yet, but, sadly I will be missing my first meeting ever this Saturday. But maybe on the 10th week we can scout each other out! I'm sure we'd be fast friends! I'm so glad you're doing this. You have already accomplished so much in your life and now you have 26 miles of Chicago to look forward to!!!!

mag3 said...

Girl we all need good folks in our lives. You have such a great story to tell your kids when they get older. I know my kids just crack up when they here the story of how their dad and I met. By the way it was through a sock. Ask me about it on Sat and I'll give you the whole hilarious lowdown. By the way you have my admiration for wearing steel toed boots. Sigue adelante amiga

queen said...

thanks for the encouraging words!

i always said/thought the same thing about marriage and kids. and i was 28 before i had my first one. so i'm an old mom. but my kids are such a blessing to me. even tho they're almost grown. i feel lucky that God showed me the way to my then-husband.

as for the marathon thing, we are all gonna DO IT! walk, run, or whatever!