Monday, May 21

I run because I need energy!

It's amazing how running gives me so much energy for the weekend. That's a great thing, considering I have 3 very active kids waiting for me at home every Saturday morning.

Their fevers went away early Friday morning, so I ventured out to Walmart to get some things we needed. I had the 2 boys in a stroller, the shopping cart, and my daughter to keep up with. I don't know if people were looking at me because they felt sorry for me or because they thought I was nuts. LOL But I made it. The boys were very good and so was Candace and I managed to get everything I needed (and then some).

Saturday's run was great. Thanks to Amy who let me tag along with her. I really enjoyed those 9 miles, we chatted most of the way, which made things so much easier. When we got to the half way point, it didn't really feel like we had gone that far. I hope to tag along with her next weekend too.
I went home and managed to get some lunch ready for the kids, put a roast in the crock pot, and even took a short nap. I was exhausted by the time I got in the bed, but at least I was able to make it thru the day.

Yesterday was our anniversary # 7. Amazing how the years have flown by. We have gone thru a lot in the past 7 yrs and always managed to come out stronger in the end.
Mother in law took the kids to a pool party for my nephew, while hubby and I went out for our anniversary lunch. Came home and tackled the biggest job of all, cleaning the kids' room. Gosh, I think I rather do 9 miles than cleaning my daughter's bedroom. How can someone so small make such a mess. I rearranged her room (so it's harder to hide the mess), fed everyone, got everyone ready for bed and crashed around 10:30. Needless to say, 5 AM came way too soon.

Lately, when people ask how many miles I'm doing now, I'll say 9, as if that wasn't a very long distance. LOL Most people are in awe at the fact I can complete that distance, while I keep thinking "piece of cake". how crazy is that? I'm looking forward to our half marathon and the party afterward, that's for sure.

oh, as Chuck noted, I got a new hat. It's lighter fabric and it made a big difference. I started to get a headache at the end, so I think it may be dehydration (even though we stopped at all water stops and I had my water bottle). and no, it was not the logo. ;)

I get to cut my hair today!!! I'm so looking forward to this, I normally wear my hair short, and letting it grow for a year is more than I can handle. But it's for a great cause, and I'm sure someone is going to appreciate the gesture.

Keep on running, marathoners! I'm off to hydrate, this is going to be a long week.

8 comments:

VICKIE said...

GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD ANNIVERSARY! WE WILL HAVE OUR 31 THIS YEAR, THINGS JUST GET BETTER AND BETTER IF YOU CAN WEATHER THE BAD TIMES,, GOOD TIMES ALWAYS WIN OUT, AND GETTING THE KIDS ALMOST GROWN,
ARE YOU DOING THE "LOCKS OF LOVE" THATS SUCH A GOOD THING,, I WOULD LOVE TO, BUT I HAVE SOME,UGG,UMM, HIGHLIGHTS, TO COVER THE NATURAL HIGHLIGHTS HA , AND THEY DONT TAKE THAT I DONT THINK. I WILL MISS THE HALF MARATHON AND PARTY AFTERWARDS, GOING WITH OUR YOUTH TO FLORIDA AS A CHAPERONE ( WHAT WAS I THINKING), I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE MILEAGE THING,, REMEMBER WHEN WE DID 3, NOW THAT SEEMS LIKE A SIMPLE TASK, WE HIT DOUBLE DIGITS THIS WEEK, WE WILL GET THERE,,HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEK,
TAKE CARE

VICKIE said...

GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD ANNIVERSARY! WE WILL HAVE OUR 31 THIS YEAR, THINGS JUST GET BETTER AND BETTER IF YOU CAN WEATHER THE BAD TIMES,, GOOD TIMES ALWAYS WIN OUT, AND GETTING THE KIDS ALMOST GROWN,
ARE YOU DOING THE "LOCKS OF LOVE" THATS SUCH A GOOD THING,, I WOULD LOVE TO, BUT I HAVE SOME,UGG,UMM, HIGHLIGHTS, TO COVER THE NATURAL HIGHLIGHTS HA , AND THEY DONT TAKE THAT I DONT THINK. I WILL MISS THE HALF MARATHON AND PARTY AFTERWARDS, GOING WITH OUR YOUTH TO FLORIDA AS A CHAPERONE ( WHAT WAS I THINKING), I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE MILEAGE THING,, REMEMBER WHEN WE DID 3, NOW THAT SEEMS LIKE A SIMPLE TASK, WE HIT DOUBLE DIGITS THIS WEEK, WE WILL GET THERE,,HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEK,
TAKE CARE

Did I Just Do What I Think I Did? said...

Thanks for the compliment about my age. Every day when I work I have patients my age and younger that look like they are 80. You have to continually do things to keep yourself young like us marathoners!
Jana

Kayra said...

Jana, now that mention, I have noticed improvements in my skin now that I'm running. so that's an added bonus.
Vickie, I'm doing the WLBT thing for the American Cancer society. I'm looking forward to wearing my hair short again.

Kim said...

I wish my hair would grow fast so I could donate. That's so wonderful that you're doing that :) Congrats to 7 blissful years of marriage & I'm glad your boys' fever is all gone! :)

nissannurse said...

Glad your kids are doing better and Happy Anniversary!!

Chicago_or_Bust said...

Happy Anniversary!

You will probably have a better time Saturday since you are getting short hair! No?

I'm glad the fevers are gone. Even being a doc, it always made me nervous when my kids ran high fevers.

Clark

The Miller's Blog said...

Happy (late) Anniversary wishes to you!!!!!!!