Friday, July 13

Dreams

Quick update. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments.
Came home Wednesday with 102 fever. Took some tylenol, which helped only for 4 hrs. The lymph nodes in my neck are swollen too. bah.
I had planned to go to the doctor today, but Braden started throwing up last night. So no dr. for me.

I think dinner didn't sit well with him, not sure if it's a virus or not. He seems to be doing better, he has been eating crackers and cheerios the last 2 hrs and so far, it's keeping it down.

as for me, I haven't had a chance to think about my throat or the fever. funny how your illnesses magically "dissapear" when your child is ill.

I am planning on being there tomorrow for our very short 8 mile run.

Oh, about the title of this blog. I had a dream last night that I was at the marathon. But there was no one from MM there. I was all alone! I was terrified, looking for a friendly face to run with me!! Then I got lost, couldn't find the course, or anyone to help me find it.

At the end I had found the course again, and was back on the race when I woke up. Scariest part was not having other MMers around!

I love training with all of you. thank you!

7 comments:

cjonesrun said...

Your dream sounds a bit like a nightmare...getting lost in Chicago would be the worst! Rene Berry (I think that is her name) got lost last year and luckily finished the race. These MM faces keep me going every Saturday! I hope your fever is gone and you are feeling better! If not, DON'T run tomorrow. This is your mother speaking.

Carol said...

I hope you feel better. Don't run tomorrow if you have fever! And hopefully this was a nightmare and not a dream, and you won't get lost!

AmyW said...

Do things ever slow down at your house? You are so right in that momma's don't have time to be sick. Now that mine are practically gone, nest empty, I can just wallow in illness, and have been for the past week - abcessed tooth, and all that goes with it, oral surgeon visit, antibiotics. Recovery has been slow for me, but then I HAVE NO ONE TO TAKE CARE OF ANYMORE, except me. I imagine a sea of people in Chicago. Thats sort of a new situation for all of us newbies. Perhaps carry a can of mace, in case one does get lost.

Ann and Bob said...

Kayra,
I am just now reading your blog after our 9 miles this morning. You did great today, I would have never known you were sick. Way to go. You are one of the ones that I wonder "how in the world do you do it" Work full time, have 3 small kids, drive 1 hour every Sat to run and then drive 1 hour home. Wow you are a trouper. You are my HERO!!! Ann

LegalSec said...

It was really good to see you out there again today. I sure hope you don't have a set back with your throat. Take care.
Sheila

The Miller's Blog said...

Good job today. I agree with Anne. I would've never guessed you had been sick! Glad you could make it this morning. You and Christa looked great out there!

Kim said...

Wow! I didn't know you were sick, either. Well, I don't think your nightmare will come true. That would be scary to be out there, running w/o a friendly face. Hope you'll have a great week! :)