Friday, September 28

One day closer

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. " Mark Twain

I thought this quote was perfect. Some of us have dealt with people who didn't believe we could do this. And many times, we are our worst enemies and we doubt our abilities to complete this marathon.

Think of Mark, Robin, Scotty, Matt, and Wayne. They have believed in us from day one. They've encouraged us to accomplish what we thought was impossible. They are the "really great" this quote talks about.

I'll be forever in their debt. Thank you

I have been receiving emails and pictures from CFC families who have learned (thru Brenda Conger, CFC Intl. president) about fundraising efforts. I'm so touched by their words of encouragement, and by their gratitude. I feel like I should be the one thanking them for allowing me the opportunity to do this for them.

By this time next week we'll be in Chicago!!! So excited. I'm a geek and in true geek fashion, I am planning a whole itinerary for Claude and I, including restaurants I want to try.
We are budget-people, and use cash only (No credit cards, woohoo!), so I have to know how much we intend to spend so I can fit it in our budget. what can I say, I'm an engineer, remember?

One of the places we are going to try is Brazzaz, a Brazillian steakhouse. I've been to a couple of churrascarias (their true name); one in New Mexico, one in Orlando. Meat lovers paradise. I'm always raving about it, so we have reservations to try one. I hope it is as good as the ones I've tried.

Then there is the Chicago style pizza we need to try. yum. and Cheesecake.

6 comments:

Christa said...

I'm hungry now. Let's eat!

The Miller's Blog said...

Engineers aren't as bad as C.P.A.'s. Or in my case being married to one...

nissannurse said...

It also is the same when you are married to a bookkeeper for a CPA. I get yelled at every time I use a card and my friends call Tamara an "ATM Nazi" because she tracks every penny I spend. So we will be thinking about how much cash to bring as well. Phil, Chuck, and I are going to the other meat paradise/Brazillian steakhouse called Fogo de Chao or something to that affect.

cjonesrun said...

Love the Mark Twain quote...very appropo. I have already told my husband and son that they need to make plans on their own for Sunday night...I know I will be piled up in the bed eating delivered pizza! Doesn't sound too adventurous but I pretty much know how I'm gonna feel. I guess I need to plan something for us on Friday night...I have not given this trip much thought or planning yet...guess I need to get into gear. I didn't think your husband was going...for some reason I thought you were rooming with Christa. Don't know where I got that idea!

Chuck Gautier said...

If you are up for Brazilian- Join us and our wives(Phil, Kelvin and me) at Fogo de Chao- It is a Gaucho restaurant, all you can eat on Sunday- We do the Dave Ramsey plan, and are right there with you on the cash thing- Hope we don't get muggged!

Kim said...

Will's doing the same thing with the restaurants & using Mapquest for routing. The 1st restaurant on his list is the Chicago style pizza place. We've been through Crown Financial and have an annual budget; we still like our plastic, but pay off each month whenever possible.

Oh, you're welcome on the donation, sorry I'm so late in responding. Congrats on raising $600! :)