Thursday, October 18

The Blues

Am I the only one suffering from the post marathon blues?

Since we returned from Chicago, I've been in an emotional rollercoaster. Last weekend was quite hard, specially Saturday. For the first time in months, I didn't have to get up at 3 AM and meet the group for our Saturday run. I thought I'd be happy but I was actually depressed! Crazy, isn't it?

I haven't ran since Chicago either. I have been feeling completely exhausted, both mentally and emotionally. I can't seem to get enough sleep. I feel like I've been in a constant state of excitement these past 9 months, and all of a sudden, all those feelings are gone and I have no energy left.

I am going thru withdrawals (as Christa called them). I am ok with my decision not to train until possibly '09. But I'm going to miss this group. I can't even bring myself to close this blog!

On a different note, I just realized that the twins are getting close to the "terrible 2s". The tantrums have begun, so no dull moments in our household from this point forward.

8 comments:

Did I Just Do What I Think I Did? said...

Kayra,
I know EXACTLY what you mean! This has been a difficult two weeks. I have a total loss of energy. I have continued training for the 1/2 but I am having to force myself. I think it is because we had nine months of continuous build up and excitement and now a let down. I almost always get like this after a vacation or big event. This too will pass!
We will miss you on Saturdays. Clark will not be there much due to hunting season.
Jana

LegalSec said...

DON'T CLOSE YOUR BLOG! We need to stay in touch!
Sheila

The Miller's Blog said...

Keep on blogging, girl!

Believe in Miracles ~ Lisa B Davis said...

Me too!.... That's what I meant when I blogged just before Chicago and said it would be kinda like the day after Christmas.... You know... excitement and lead up to something so great and then even if everything goes
Great..... there is a sadness when it is over!

cjonesrun said...

Stay in touch with us...we want to hear what is going on at the Johnson household. Since you feel such a loss why not a new adventure...like dance classes with your hubby...they teach swing, club dancing, etc. You could get a sitter, have a date night with Claude, and learn some cool dances as well as make some new friends. Then when all your kids get married you could hold your own with dancing at the reception! :)

Chuck Gautier said...

I am right there with you, Kayra, but have realized that without the program, I will not stay on top of the foundation I have started. I hope you will continue to blog occasionally, and get back with us soon.

Christa said...

OMG yes!!!! I am right there with you. I feel like I've had a death in the family. It sucks!!!!!!

Kim said...

Hey:

I respect your decision to spend more time with your family. I've said it before, but I am in awe of how you manage to do as much as you do. Thanks so much for your sweet email :)